The Film Industry Through My Eyes

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Easy Day


Hi! This is my first entry of many that will document my everyday life on a Film Set. Hope someone will enjoy it. I'll also share some other neat things that will happen in my life... I'll try to make it interesting.

Today was an easy day of work. Had a call time of 6:00am in Long Beach. Took me 40 minutes to get there, but I took my time driving there. I'm working on a Terminix commercial at a private residence. I didn't really go inside the house where they were shooting because the space was tight and there was really no need for me inside. Being a P.A. (Production Assistant) I get sent on "Runs", or errands as I did today.

At 2:00pm, I left set to go on a run to pick-up a rental in my own personal truck. Can you believe that Production is paying $300.00 a day for a 36 inch t.v., and a cheapo DVD player? That is retarded! You can buy that T.V. for what they are paying for on a two day rental. Dang, glad it's not my cash...

At 3:35pm, my production manager calls me to see where I was at. I was at the rental place picking up this heavy-ass television. It turned out that production had wrapped for the day and I was able to just go home after the pick-up. Woo Hoo, I got to go home early! I was home by 4:15, in time to catch a car chase on T.V... I love that.

Gotta love them short days!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Jaime! Just checking out your blog, your girLfriend made me! No, just kidding. Now I can see and read exactly what it is you do. Good Luck with everything and I'm glad you love what you do!

~Vina~

December 13, 2005 9:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BABY, I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH. HAPPY TO KNOW THAT UR' DOING SOMETHING YOU LOVE AND I'M HERE TO SUPORT YOU ALL THE WAY. P.S. ENJOY YOUR NEW HOBBY.... BTW, I'LL LOVE READING THE DETAILS ABOUT UR' EVERYDAY LIFE ON THE SET.

December 14, 2005 8:48 AM

 
Blogger Jaime Gonzalez said...

Thanks Vina, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Keep checking back.

December 15, 2005 8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home